Sunday, March 21, 2010

Solids!

Over the past month I have been getting ready to start feeding August solid food! I made a huge order on amazon.com in prep for my baby food makin' & feeding. I ordered a Cuisinart Mini Processor, Baby Cubes & BPA free trays for storage, bamboo bowls & spoons for feeding. We bought a $25 high chair from IKEA, too. BEST $25 I think we've spent!

On Friday March 12th Mark gave August her first food - locally grown organic carrots made by me! Mark was only able to get two spoonfuls in her mouth before she refused to open. We didn't want to rush things so we just let her explore!


Annnnnd... It has been over a week & little Auggie is still exploring. Meal time is messy time. She will only eat if she is in control of the spoon. It is hard to tell how much she is actually eating, so much food is on her, the floor, walls, and even the beau dog! She will have an orange poo every now & then so I know some is actually making it into her belly.

4 comments:

  1. where did you get your wooden utensils for August- can you send me the direct link? I want to get some for Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazon.com

    http://www.amazon.com/Bambu-5-Inch-Babys-Utensils-Natural/dp/B000PJ9YRQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1270319521&sr=8-3

    good for eats & even better teething toy.

    ReplyDelete